Thursday 28 September 2017

BUG56

Last night I went on a school trip to the BFI to see BUG56 Director's Cut. It was amazing and I enjoyed it very much. The presenter Adam Buxton had a lot of humour and kept us on our toes the whole time. The music videos shown were very diverse going from hip/hop to alternative music. They were all created my independent music video producers, which inspires me even more to go into that kind of business.

The things I took from the conference was that regardless of the song, if you have an interesting music video a viewer will keep on watching it.

Key tips:
Keep it visually interesting
Keep the audience on their toes at all times.





Here are my favourite videos shown from that night:


ELEMENT. by Kendrick Lamar directed by Jonas Lindstroem & The Little Homies
This video was intertexualised with a photographer in the 1960's called Gordon Parks, which created really cool visuals for the video.


Up All Night by Beck directed by CANADA
I loved the narrative in this because it has many elements to it and strong visual strands.


Moonlight by Jay-Z directed by Alan Yang
The strong narrative of creating a black version of friends really shows outrage of the African American society on 'white washed' shows. The song is called Moonlight because of the mishap which happened at the Oscars.


Every Time I Die - Map Change directed by Kyle Thrash
I didn't necessarily like the song itself, but I loved the visuals that Kyle Thrasher created.

Here is the synopsis of what was going to be on that night.

No comments:

Post a Comment