Wednesday 6 September 2017

Using WIX software

Today I started to create a 'Mix' website for one of my favourite singers called Tori Kelly. I had to create my own account with my Hurtwood email address it is was easy and free to sign up to. At first I chose the website category of 'Music' because this is the type of website category I am going to be creating. I then chose a template for the website:

Once I chose the template I searched up many pictures and videos of Tori Kelly, one of her most recent album cover and another of her most recent music video. I chose a font which was very similar to the one on her album cover and placed big titles with this on every page. I placed one of her music videos in the background of the page to make the page look interactive and stick to technical conventions. I have applied Richard Dyer's star theory here by keeping her image the same throughout the website and having her social media's consistently on each page, for the reason of Paradox 1 of fans being able to see her in a normal, everyday state and also extraordinary with her wowing crowds on stage.


As you scroll down the page it goes onto her merchandise, which has a link saying 'shop now' where it goes straight to her official merchandise website.

Scrolling down once again, it goes to a videos slide where one of her music videos is already playing when you first see it. There is also a link which goes to another tab in the website showing all her official music videos from her YouTube channel.

Next is the tour slide, here is just a portrait of Tori and a link to another tab on the website to see all tour dates. She is not doing a tour at the moment, so I had to make up cities and venues.


After this, I had to edit the mobile version of the website too, so I removed the interactive music video in the background with a portrait of Tori to show her image and her unique selling point of her hair.

I feel like this website will attract her target audience because it is a very self-centred website showing mostly only her image and her music. There are no distractions from her and it instantly shows a video of her once you click onto the website, making Richard Dyers Paradox 2 very valid, as she is absent and present at the same time.

The symbolic conventions I have used have been a huge image of the star plastered all over the website, showing she is the centre of attention and the star. The technical conventions I have used are that it has a home page, music page, merchandise page and tour page. Another technical convention is that her social medias are linked on every single page, reaching out to fans who want to follow her on instagram, twitter and soundcloud.

Here's the website:

No comments:

Post a Comment