Wednesday 7 September 2016

Introduction

Hello, my name is Kate and I am 16 years old and live in Newmarket, Suffolk. My interests are filming, editing and taking creative photos. I have a YouTube channel, which consists of funny skits and holiday videos. I love taking videos of my travels and I think editing is the best part. Putting the music to the video is the best because you can sync it and make the film run smoothly and pleasant to watch. I’m very interested in film sets and how one films a video and edits it. Before Hurtwood, I used to go to Culford, which unfortunately did not have the resources or capability to do the subjects I now do at Hurtwood. I go to quite a few concerts and festivals, I have seen all my favourite music artists like Rihanna, Justin Bieber, Jack and Jack and Ariana Grande. I go to festivals for the vibes and listen to the music. I film my own YouTube videos on my Canon G7x and edit them on iMovie on my MacBook. The editing takes a long time but I enjoy it a lot. My YouTube used to have many videos of me using an app called VideoStar, which creates music videos automatically for you, all you had to do was lip sync/dance. I have these private now because they are very embarrassing. I love analyzing camera angles and wonder how some scenes are filmed in my favourite TV show, The Walking Dead. I’m sometimes quite critical at if there is a filming error and wondering how a camera is placed in a set and love the depth of field when it is a close up shot and only the actor is in focus. I have only used iMovie so far because I’m waiting to master how to use that program before I used the big software’s like Premier and Final Cut Pro.

I hope that I’ve improved on my video filming and editing and you can see my progress on my YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/starfishfoam
Don’t ask about the URL, I was 12 when I made it!

This blog is going to be my coursework blog for media studies, full of notes from classes, short clips and my achievements and progress from the beginning. I’m looking the most forward to filming and editing my first video at Hurtwood and watching peoples reactions to see if they like it. I also love watching other people’s videos they create and see their own techniques.






No comments:

Post a Comment