Monday 4 September 2017

My music taste

My favourite genre of music is pop, r&b and rap. These are my favourite because pop is mainstream and it is good to know about what is current and be able to sing along to a song in the car with your friends. R&B and rap is my all time favourite because rappers are poets and speak truth and I love the beats in the background.

My favourite artists are Shawn Mendes, Rihanna, GoldLink, Frank Ocean and Mura Masa. I've been following Shawn from the very start of his career and watch him grow to be a huge celebrity, and his music has come a long way since the beginning. GoldLink has a very cool, chill vibe to him and the instrumentals to his songs are amazing. I own all of their albums. I found out about Shawn on an app called 'Vine' where you could take 6-second videos of yourself doing anything, and he sang. He was only 14 when he started to create them. I have seen him live and he is incredible, I saw him only when he was starting to tour the UK and we were in a venue which you could only stand in. His music videos are pretty good, most of them consisting of a story line to do with heart break.


Shawn does have a website and it is accessible here: http://www.shawnmendesofficial.com and it consists of tour dates, details about the album and merchandise. It is quite an easy website to use, and has his most recent music video playing in the background while your on it. I love his ideology because he is very down to earth, he doesn't put on any act and does what he does because he loves it. It has influenced me to think that not all celebrity's are just their for the fame and money, they do have a sense of wanting to please fans and do what they enjoy doing.
Here's Shawn's video for his song 'Mercy': 



No comments:

Post a Comment