Friday 2 February 2018

Evaluation Task 3: What have I learned from my audience feedback?



Conclusion:

I have learned from my audience feedback that I have constructed an intended star image and an effective campaign. My target audience has informed me what went well, for example, they immediately realised the colour scheme between all 3 products, as well as areas for development. If I was to make any future changes to the campaign I would have made a more obvious narrative in the music video.
Taking note of the audience feedback I understand how the audience inform me the success of  the campaign is and indeed allowed me time to make adjustments to the campaign before it went to distribution. Audience feedback is important market testing in post-production to see if I created the right star image and marketed this purposefully. As Henry Jenkins informs us that we live in a ‘participatory culture’,  where fans and audiences are important in circulating meaning and the strength of media messages.
I also recognise that my audience has engaged with the meanings in my music video in different ways, bringing their own contexts to the reading of the star image – what Hall argues is reception theory. I can understand how my audience can either reinforce or challenge intended meanings in the text.

No comments:

Post a Comment